Sally over at RevGals posts this Friday Five Meme. Her family sails with a passion.
1. Is there a sport/ hobby that is more of a passion than a past-time for you? I have had a number of “sports” that were passions, although I have not had one consistent one through out my life. For example,I swam (not well) a lots as a child. I danced for many years, and it was my major in undergrad. I also developed a passion for bike riding. Now I walk my dogs, ride an exercise bike, and swim in my pool. I don’t dance very often…but every now and then I get a yearning for a ballet class.
2. Outdoors or indoors? Both
3. Where do you find peace and quiet? Oh, in the pool at night floating and looking up at the stars. A long walk on a cool day with the dogs (very few occasions like that in Arizona lately, it’s been triple digits since May). And knitting. Is knitting a sport? It’ more than a hobby…. it’s probably a passion…
4. A competitive spirit; good or bad, discuss… I can be terribly competitive. But mostly with myself, always seeking to outdo whatever I did last. I don’t really enjoy being competitive with other people.
5. Is there a song a picture or a poem that sums up your passion ?
Bonus for posting a video/ link. Well I tried to post a youtube of the Beach Boys singing Sail on Sailor…but as usual it disappeared when I moved it from being it’s own post to being part of this one….weird embedding process for YouTube…maybe this link will work…. Sail On Sailor.