Jan, over at RevGals posts this Friday Five Meme:
1. When were you smiling lately? I smiled when the redbuds burst into bloom. I smile every time we go to the dog park and my dogs run free, so much joy in their running. I smiled when I learned that my car will be ready soon – but I’m frowning at the thought of yet another (my fourth in 10 months) driving trip to and/or from Arizona. Yep, that’s what I’m doing next week…I smiled when my acupuncturist called me from Arizona and confirmed that I can have an appointment with her while I’m there and I’m smiling because I get to see my Spiritual Director while I’m there. I’m smiling over a lot of little things these days, but at least I’m smiling.
2. What happened unexpectedly to you this past week? This week, no unexpected turn of events, which is good, actually.
3. How was a catastrophe averted (or not)? So far this week, no catastrophes no celebrations. Just life as it is.
4. What was the most delicious thing you ate? I made a delicious pork tenderloin with sauteed mushroom, basil and a hint of sour cream sauce. We also had some really good Chinese take out, something we missed during our two years in Arizona.
5. Did you see any good movies or read any books or articles? We watched Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on cable TV (again). I’m slowly making my way through Barbara Kingsolver’s “Lacuna” – it’s not a book that has taken hold of me…and I bought a new book by Geraldine Brooks – actually it’s an old one by her, just new to me. I’ve also spent a lot of time at the gym working out. Not a very exciting week for me…but that’s how it goes sometimes…