It was a disappointing download. The new iOS 7 update took away the format I loved for the Notes app on my iPhone and iPad. I admit, these are tiny little First World problems. I will nevertheless miss the digital legal pad with the black brown font, in all its simplicity. In honor of the dear departed, please name five things in your life that need no improvement.
1. My exercise routine really seems to be working for me these days. I feel good, I am getting appropriately toned without injury. I’m curious to see what my cholesterol is the next time I have a physical.
2. My marriage. After 28 years we have been through a lot and are in a good groove right now.
3. My kids – both seem to be in a pretty good place in their lives, after some really difficult years.
4. My job. It’s not perfect, we’re still working things out, but it’s a good place with just enough challenge to keep me growing and enough that works to feel like things are good. Much better than having everything be a challenge….
5. The town I live in. I like this town, it’s great to be able to walk most every place I go. I have good friends and colleagues, and it’s a lovely town to boot. It’s progressive enough and open minded and lovely.
Every day I give thanks for my life as it is right now. I know it won’t last. I know I have been through hell to get to this place. So while this is my life, I give thanks and do my best to enjoy it and appreciate it.