Jan, over at the RevGalBlogPals blog offers a Friday Five on “organizing.”
1. How do you organize? Is there a difference with various objects? I have a variety of ways that I organize, usually based on usage. I like to be mostly clutter-free but I keep small piles of current projects on the corner of my desk. I file away everything else, but my filing system is pretty random. I sometime scoop up a too big pile from my desk and shove it into a cabinet and close the door – just so my office will look clean. At the end of every program year I have to clean out everything, reorganize, and file stuff away. It lasts all summer and then accumulates again as the year wears on….
I have fairly well organized kitchen drawers and cabinets and some that are chaos – like spices overflowing in a corner cabinet and cooking utensils crammed into a drawer.
2. Do you have any cluttered spots in your office or home? Describe. see above
3. What do you organize well? And not? see above
4. What do you wish to de-clutter? I recently de-cluttered most of my house so it would be acceptable to having a dog sitter live in my house for a week… (without embarrassing me…) And I also cleaned my office – so for awhile, I’m in pretty good shape. 🙂
5. Accomplishments in organizing or de-cluttering: see above.